Topic: Rules for plural - Правила для множественного числа

My problem is with the Troll race.
Since they do not count as "People", do I still not pluralize them?
Do "people" just count as any race that can talk?
I'd love your help and I do not speak or write Russian, so sorry.

Моя проблема с гонкой троллей.
Так как они не считаются «людьми», я все еще не плюрализирую их?
Считается ли «народ» какой-либо расой, которая может говорить?
Я буду рад вашей помощи, и я не говорю и не пишу по-русски, поэтому извините.

Re: Rules for plural - Правила для множественного числа

You can speak English

Yes, "people" refers to any race, be it humans, elves, orcs, trolls, etc. May be even ghosts count as people.
But this rule about pluralizing is not strict (specially among orcs), and it seems everyone including me forget it frequently.

Re: Rules for plural - Правила для множественного числа

Un4givenOrc wrote:

You can speak English

Yes, "people" refers to any race, be it humans, elves, orcs, trolls, etc. May be even ghosts count as people.
But this rule about pluralizing is not strict (specially among orcs), and it seems everyone including me forget it frequently.

Thank you very much for your response.
It is very true that the orcs probably wouldn't care much for the rules.
Would you ever want to submit Black Speech(LOS) to Duolingo? There's this whole process where you can add a language to be taught through the app. I think it'd be really interesting to see Black Speech get more availability.

Re: Rules for plural - Правила для множественного числа

robotic0newbie wrote:

Would you ever want to submit Black Speech(LOS) to Duolingo?

No. At least not under the name "Black Speech". As J.R.R. Tolkien's Black Speech consists of less than 100 words and no grammar rules described. It's not officially supported as other fictional languages as Klingon or Dothraki, and there are no organization or society behind it. Everything else called "Black Speech" are fans' inventions unfortunately spread not wide enough to care about Duolingo.

Re: Rules for plural - Правила для множественного числа

Un4givenOrc wrote:
robotic0newbie wrote:

Would you ever want to submit Black Speech(LOS) to Duolingo?

No. At least not under the name "Black Speech". As J.R.R. Tolkien's Black Speech consists of less than 100 words and no grammar rules described. It's not officially supported as other fictional languages as Klingon or Dothraki, and there are no organization or society behind it. Everything else called "Black Speech" are fans' inventions unfortunately spread not wide enough to care about Duolingo.

I understand. I hope someday it gets to that point. Just putting an idea out there.